By James Bacon - @jamesbaconcooks
Here I have made a simple yet beautiful warming autumnal soup, that brings a little heat in this cold weather. The Chili Cheese Toast makes this the perfect comfort food combo to cozy up with!
Kitchen tools needed:
Prep: 15-20 mins
Cook 25 -30 mins
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1 clove of peeled garlic, grated or chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 3 tsp mild curry powder
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 50ml double cream
- 1l vegetable stock
- Salt to taste
- 400g Cheese ( I used half cheddar and half raclette for its melting properties!)
- 3 spring onions
- 1 green chill
- Small bunch of chives
- black pepper
- Good bread for toasting ideally sliced around 1 inch thick (I used a sourdough for its flavor and integrity)
- 1 bunch of cilantro (enough to fill the easy pull chopper loosely)
- 6-8 Mint Leaves
- 1-2 Green chilies (depending how spicy you like it)
- 2 Spring Onions
- A small bunch of Chives
- The juice of 1 Lemon
1/4 tsp of cumin
1/2 tsp of Garam Masala
a pinch of Salt and Pepper
3 Tbs of Olive Oil
- Firstly, preheat your oven to 180, line a baking tray and prep your veg. Dice the onion, celery and the garlic in the Zyliss Easy Pull Chopper. Remove the green leaves from the cauliflower and discard. Cut the Cauliflower in half and break one half into small florets. Reserve the other half for now.
- Add the florets to the lined baking tray and drizzle with roughly a tablespoon of olive oil. Season well with set and pepper, and add 2 tsp of the curry powder and toss together. The Cauliflower should be evenly coated with the curry powder - don’t be afraid to use get hands involved! Place the tray in the oven for 25 mins or until a knife slides through the stalks evenly.
- Using a medium heat, bring a large heavy bottomed pan up to temperature. Add the onion and celery to the pan and fry gently until the onions are becoming translucent for around 10mins (do not brown) then add the garlic and cook for a further 5mins. Don’t rush this step - you want the flavours of the onion and garlic to bring depth to the dish.
- While the veg is cooking, break the remaining side of cauliflower into florets. Add the to the pan along with 1litre of vegetable stock and simmer for 20 mins.
- Remove the spiced cauliflower from the oven an add to the pan once cooked
- Transfer everything to a blender, or alternatively use a stick blender ensuring you have blitzed all ingredients together. Add 1 more tbsp mild curry powder and 50ml of double cream and blitz. Season with salt to taste.
- Method for the chilli cheese toast
- Place the green chilli, spring onions and chives in your Zyliss Easy Pull chopper to combine.
- Grate cheese
- Combine the cheese and chilli mix in a large bowl and season with black pepper.
- Toast your bread gently on both sides - remember one side will be going back under the grill!
- Generously pile the chili mix onto the desired side of toast and place back under the grill until golden and bubbling!
- Method for the cilantro Chutney
- Place the Chilies and the Spring Onions in the Easy Pull Chopper and chop a fine as possible
- Now the cilantro and do the same
- Finally add the rest of the ingredients to form a loose chutney (add more oil if necessary)